Valid CSS!

Website disclaimer

All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Jan 20 2018, 12:54

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Mercs for Hire...
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09 2011, 18:52 
Committee Member

Well, now that the Witch Hunters Codex is no longer tournament legal at GW events in the form that I run my Death Watch I've decided its time to start a new army. I really like the Dark Eldar Codex and models but I want this project to be a slow build army with lots of conversion and creativity...it's what I enjoy most about the hobby and I hope this has shown in my Orks.

So, while thinking about what I wanted to do I began putting a few figures together just out of boredom based on what I liked and had a look through all the back ground material for some inspiration. I didn't want to do a Power Armour army (I've got my Chaos and Death Watch), and I didn't want to do a Horde army (I've got my Orks) so I was at a loss.

Then reading through Xenology and the Tau Codex I decided I wanted to do a Kroot force...using codex Dark Eldar. Now the reason I'm using DE is because a) it allows me to have a full army of "kroot" along simliar lines to the old Merc list which is no longer legal, b) it gives me a greater modeling opportunity with the direction I take the army and c) well a and b were enough for me!

Some of you may have seen the sample models I've had with me over the last couple of weeks, but incase you haven't here are two test models:

Here we have a kroot with blaster, and a kroot on a jet bike. I've got a few more done but just thought I'd put these up to get a general feel for what people thought.

Now, rules wise it will be using the DE Codex without any modification, but limiting what units I take that don't fit the theme. I also plan to produce a short document for events to explain the "counts as"...ie power from pain = eating the fallen, invun saves = fast refelxes, combat drugs = ancestral blessing/lucky tattoos etc

As a quick over view:

Archon/Sucubus = Master Shaper
Homunculus = Shaman

Warriors = Carnivore
Wyches = Head Hunters
Grotesque = Feral Kroot
Radiers = War Skiff
Ravager = Gun Skiff
Venom = <ideas pleas>
Jet Bike = Speeder Bike (think about "Return" here)
Scourge = Vultures
Talos = Great Knarlock

So, let me know your thoughts. I'll try and keep this up to date with photos of my progress.

Darren

Post subject: Re: Mercs for Hire...
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09 2011, 22:17 
Darren

Love the idea I think the whole thing would look the dogs wotsits once it's done and using DE rules an inspired choice methinks.

Good luck with it, really hope it sees the light of day.

Cheers

Paul

PostPosted: Sun May 01 2011, 20:08 
Committee Member

Well, this is a slow project....but hopefully I'll have at least 3 things painted for a week on Thursday, probably the jet bikes!

Anyway, just a quick up date boys and girls, I give you the War Skiff:

...and the inspiration...

PostPosted: Sun May 01 2011, 20:31 
Site Admin

Hi Darren,

Love it... Looking forward to seeing the colour scheme...

Cheers Scott

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]